So here is Elise attempting to sit up on her own today- it's still a work in progress. She's not been feeling well since her Broviac was placed on Tuesday. And she spent the whole day yesterday crying, so much so that she is hoarse today. The only change for her is that her Flolan was started today at 3pm. It is measures in nanograms (very very small grams) and given at a rate of nanograms per kilogram per minute. The per minute part is what is most interesting, because most IV drugs are given per hour. The fact that this med is given per minute shows that it has a very short "half life", meaning that it doesn't stick around for long. It's like when you take Tylenol every 6-8hours, this med you would have to take every minute. They start this medicine at a low dose, and every 6 hours increase it until Elise starts showing side effects. This means she is at her maximum dose for her current weight. Supposedly the drug starts working fairly fast, so hopefully we'll see an improvement in her oxygen saturation by this weekend. Speaking of this weekend, Jason and I will be heading to Park City Utah for a family reunion with my family. to celebrate my Great Uncle Frank's birthday! I am nervous about being so far away if something was to happen, but I'm reassured because Grandpa and Grandma Drennan are going to come babysit. Also, the nurses are excited, because they never get to "snuggle" with her since Jason or I are always around. We'll see if they still feel that way when I get back Monday. I'll post again on Saturday if I can get to computer-I think they have those in Utah.
Much love to all,
Kristin
2 comments:
Poor baby Elise. I'm sorry she has been fussy since the Broviac. I'll pray that the Flolan helps her to feel better soon. Have a fun weekend!
Kari
Looking forward to seeing you all! And yes they have computers in Utah, but no internet....
Post a Comment