Sunday, July 27, 2008
Girls weekend
Hey everyone, not much to report for this weekend, which is a good thing these days. Elise and I have been hang'n out together working on getting her feedings back up after being intubated. She was hoarse for about a day, but now has her voice back. Yesterday she had an upset tummy and diarrhea, but that has resolved today. Her weight is up to 11lbs 13 ounces, so we had to increase the amount of milk with each feed from 90ml to 105ml, and she has taken 2 full feeds out of the 3 so far today. Hopefully she'll continue this routine, and her surgery this week won't set her back too much. We are weaning her oxygen again, and she is tolerating it well. We still don't have a date this week set for the placement of the Broviac, but the Cardiothoracic surgeons say they should be able to get her in the beginning of the week. I'll let you know as soon as I know, otherwise I'll post again on Tuesday.
Love you all, Kristin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Was good to have some time with jason this evening. Wish you and Elise could have been with us. Be glad when Elise gets her Broviac so she can get started on the new medication. I'm hoping it will work well and quickly.
Love you much,
Grandma Mary
Just wondering - I'm assume you and Jason have checked into it, but is there any way that one or both of you could get jobs in St. Louis for the time that Elise is there? That way you wouldn't have to be away from her or each other (if you both could get jobs in StL)... I don't know if hospitals ever loan out their employees to other hospitals on a temporary basis or not.... I don't know why that popped into my head today!
Anyway, we love you guys are are pulling as hard as we can for all of you.
Lot so kisses & hugs all around,
Love ya,
Kathy, Mike, Sean & Traci
Post a Comment