Monday, July 28, 2008

Surgery scheduled

Here's my little dream angel, taking one of her many naps during the day today. She is still eating well today, but a little fussy. Her broviac surgery is scheduled for tomorrow around noon. Her IV came out yesterday after it infiltrated (went bad), and so they will take her to surgery, sedate her with gas, then start an IV since she has been stuck many times lately when trying to get IV access. They won't let her eat tomorrow after 8am since they have to intubate her again. So it will probably be a rough morning with her being hungry. They are going to have an ENT doctor look at her airway structure while she is in surgery with a small scope just to make sure everything looks ok. I was told that the procedure won't take very long, and she should be extubated soon after. I'll update the blog tomorrow evening once everything is done. Kristin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin, Jason, Elise: I am Tiffany's aunt Karla in Columbia, MO. She has been keeping us posted about this hard road you are all traveling after the birth of your daughter. She is a darling baby. All I can say, being a parent, is that I know how much love is flowing around there between you 2 and Elise. And all those other emotions that go with that love of your child. My and my family's prayers are with you all. Thanks for sharing your story, this blog site is incredible. Karla Malaney

Anonymous said...

Ms. Elise,
You go get 'em tomorrow!! I'm sure you will fly through your procedures without so much as a hiccup. Don't give mom and dad too hard of time when you can't eat in the morning.
Amy