Elise continues to do well eating 150 every four hours now. Her night nurse got her to eat 110 twice overnight on Friday, but not able to repeat last night. She is getting very close to her caloric goal; I don't know her weight for the day yet. While she has been eating better, she's difficult to burp and when she burps she usually follows it with some heaves. The flip side is that she rallies with good feeds afterwards. They took her off the humdified, high-flow setup so that she no longer gets squirted with water and also feeds with less burping. She is now on 100% O2 and doing quite well with it. She is still getting Reglan and Viagra every six hours and Aldactazide every 12. We mix it in the breastmilk and she takes it without difficulty. Zac, Miranda, and Emma visited today and we ate some St. Louis-style pizza and Talayna's. Kristin is getting some good family time in Springfield, as well as time at home with the pups. I'll be back in Springfield Tuesday for a shift at the hospital and will return to St. Louis on Wednesday. Love you all,
Jason
2 comments:
Glad to see things are improving again. I know you had a scare. Hang in there. We are all praying. Leslie and I love the little video. This is one cute kid!
Joel & Leslie
Loved the video - couldn't get sound, though. Using the computer at the Cedar County Library; sound is probably not enabled. The pictures are wonderful! Does Elise chew the same brand of tobacco as Grandma's boyfriend Dewane? He's a Copenhagen kind of guy, just wondered if she liked the same brand. So glad Elise is eating more and improving - I'll bet she was glad to see her Daddy again. Dads are more fun, and we have photographic evidence! Love and miss you guys, and hope to see you soon. That was really nice of Kristin's work friends to have a cake and everything. I know she's glad to be back at work, even though it's hard to be away from Elise, even for a few days. There are so many people praying for you, all over the country, including people you've never met. Everyone is so touched by this beautiful miracle baby, and I know you three will be home soon. All my love, Grandma Marcie
Post a Comment