Wednesday, July 23, 2008

7/23 Update

I just wanted to update everyone sooner than tomorrow. Elise coded again this a.m. around 6. She was in her crib, started to cry, and her sats dropped causing her heart rate to decrease and her to stop breathing. It took doctors about 20 minutes to get her oxygen saturation up to normal. The cardiologists have come by today to discuss her heart cath. They have cleared a spot in their schedule tomorrow. We don't know what time yet. The doctors have expressed the serious risks of preforming this procedure on someone with pulmonary hypertension. They mentioned several times that Elise could die during the procedure, not because the procedure itself is risky, but because her illness complicates the procedure. They have also discussed the different paths of treatment that we could do depending on the results of the test. Ranging from another oral med given in addition to Viagra, to a long term IV med that would require the placement of a central catheter. And unfortunately they are leaning towards the probability of the latter of the two. They said that the procedure will take a few hours, and she will have to be intubated. Even though the procedure has many risks, it seems to be our only option to figuring out why she keeps having these episodes. So please keep Elise in your thoughts tomorrow (Thursday) as I feel it will be our hardest day yet. We will post again tomorrow evening pending she makes it through the procedure. Love, Kristin

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi- I am a good friend of Todd Keagle's and he shared your blog with me. I just wanted you to know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers. You have a beautiful, strong baby girl! We are thinking of you here in Austin!
-Kristin Ray

Anonymous said...

Please know that we have rallied everyone to keep all 3 of you and the doctors in our prayer and continual thoughts.

Much, much love,
Grandma Mary

Anonymous said...

Jason, Kristen, and Elise -- I have been following Elise's blog since she was born and have had you guys in my thoughts and prayers daily. We will be thinking of you guys tomorrow and will be wishing the best for Elise.

Chris & Kim Davis

Anonymous said...

Kristin, Jason and Elise, I just wanted to say that we will be thinking of you all tomorrow.

Love You all,
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Please know that my thoughts and prayers will be with you all day tomorrow...as they are everyday! - Jody Gould

Anonymous said...

You all will be in our prayers tomorrow. Elise is a very determined and strong baby and I pray she will be just fine. We love you and are thinking of you!
Kody and Amy

Karol said...

Kristin and Jason,
You are in my prayers on a daily basis and I have requested special prayer for Elise tomorrow. Please know that we are standing with you through this...even as strangers!!
God's peace be with you tomorrow. Karol Evans

Jenny said...

Jason, Kristin, & Elise,
I want to let you know that I am continually amazed at the sacrifices that you both give of yourselves daily and it constantly reflects the love of your family. Thank you for continuing to post on this site -- allowing us all to celebrate your joys and pray for your strength to endure the challenges. You all are on my mind constantly. Your strength to get through this is absolutely amazing and a testament to your faith and love for this sweet baby girl.

We keep you in our prayers always and know that Elise will come through with flying colors. All of you are in our best wishes and prayers for a great recovery and the ultimate strength to see you through.

Love,
Jenny & Family

Unknown said...

Your blog site was sent to me through a friend, Kristin Ray. We also have a precious baby girl and know how special having a child is. We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers during the next couple of days. We wish you all the best for your beautiful family.
- Erin Caballero

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am so sorry there is another bump in the road. Leslie and I just want you to know we will be thinking of you often and praying this thing gets resolved soon. She is so precious and we just love watching her little videos. She seems to be quite the fighter, so I'm going to keep trying to be upbeat about this. I know it must be hard, but Orlando is pulling for you.

Joel and Leslie

Anonymous said...

We are members of the CMA here in Springfield with Gary and Gail. We also have followed Elise's blog since she was born. The first and last thing we do every day is pray for all three of you and the doctors. But most of all I ask GOD to keep you in his hands.
Blessings from:
Debbie & Bill Dake
July 23,2008 9:56pm

Unknown said...

i know nothing said at this time can ease your minds so i paused for a moment of prayer for not only Elises strong body and heart but the physicians hands as well. Elise is the strongest most beautiful part of you wonderful 2 people and I know no better than you why why why but what I can do is love you and keep Faith with you.

Anonymous said...

Jason and Kristin,
I read your blog daily for updates and have been praying for little Elise. I will send up extra prayers for your family. I love Elise's new pictures. She has grown so much. She is beautiful and I can't wait until she is better and back in Springfield. Her friend Abbey is patiently waiting for her to get better so they can play together!
-Kari Reichert

Anonymous said...

Kristen and Jason,

We have been praying for Elise and your family continually. I log on every morning to see her beautiful face! We pray that Elise's body will heal, we pray that you and Jason will find strength to continue and peace during this tumultuous time, we pray that the God will guide the surgeons hands and give the doctors wisdom in how to treat Elise most effectively. You three are an amazing testament to the strength of a family and how love can battle all odds and win! Love you all!

Tanya and Jeremy Leake

Anonymous said...

Jason and Kristen,
I love all the pictures of beautiful Elise!!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you, Elise and family.

Ashlei Matlock

Anonymous said...

Jason & Kristin,
I've read the blog since Jason e-mailed Elise's birth announcement to our class, and am amazed at the strength and courage all 3 of you show each day. You will all be in my thoughts especially today.
-Elizabeth Browning

Unknown said...

Hi guys,

Mass Thurs and Friday at 12:05--Perpetual Adoration hour 0300 Friday. These are positive things, but I wish I could do more!

Love you, uncle Frank

Anonymous said...

We all continue to think about you and your beautiful little girl each day. We are especially praying for the three of you and the doctors today!
We love you,
Kirk and Nancy

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you all daily and you are in my prayers as well as our church prayer list. I hope everything goes well today.
Karen Jolley

Anonymous said...

Hi-
I just wanted to thank you so much for doing these wonderful posts as you go through this time. I check in often to see the progress that Elise is making. My thoughts are constantly with you three and your family. My hope is that this will end up being a triumphant time in your lives and in the life of this very strong little girl. She will grow up to be quite a fighter, look out!
Love,
Christi in Liberty