
Well this last week was a roller coaster of emotions. We started off the week with Elise walking on her own which was fabulous, but that same night our bikes were stolen from our carport while we were home! So we have been dealing with police reports and insurance claims all week for that. Then I had a wonderful birthday. But had to deal with our eldest dog Lulu becoming quite ill. And then the week ended with her passing yesterday due to liver failure. I adopted her when she was 9 years old. Greyhounds typically live to be 11 or 12, so I knew from the beginning we wouldn't have her for long. Well age 12 came and went, 13 flew by and before we knew it we had a 14 year old greyhound! She would have been 15 April 1st. She raced 171 races in her career, winning many. She really lived up the retired life once she came home with us. She was always the quiet one, in fact I don't think I ever heard her bark. She was never pushy or begged. I couldn't have asked for a better companion. I can tell her sisters miss her today, as I do very much........................................... On a happier note, my Mom comes to town tomorrow to stay for a week. I can't wait for her to see Elise walk! Elise is becoming more confident with her walking, and is pretty proud of herself when she follows me from one room to the next. I guess that's it for now. I still couldn't get the photo's from Zac and Miranda's visit to upload. I guess you'll just have to take my word for it that they were here. I'll post again in two weeks with hopefully all positive stuff. Until then, Love you all, Kristin.......Oh, and if you haven't seen the video of Elise walking it's in the post below.
5 comments:
So sorry you lost Lulu and your bikes. Keep accentuating the positive. Give Elise a hug for Grandma Mary. Lots of love!!
Oh, Kristin, I'm so sorry about Lulu. I only met her a couple of times...she was pretty sweet.
So sorry for your loss, and the theft of your bikes. How nice that your mom gets to visit! Enjoy the time, I hope to visit sometime this Spring. Love you guys, Grandma Marcie
Sorry about your dog Lulu, she was such a sweet dog. Hope you are having fun with you mom in town. Glad to hear that Elise is doing well and know that in no time you will be running around after her, because it doesn't take long to go from walking to running;>)
Leslie
We had a great time on Saturday and enjoyed seeing your mom adn sweet baby Elise. She seems so much bigger and has a huge personality. I know it had only been 3 weeks since our last visit, but wow! Glad you enjoyed the concert and found some new bikes.
See you at the wedding.
Love,
Leslie and Joel
Post a Comment