
We have had a pretty busy 2 weeks. My Mom came to town after my last blog, and we had better weather than her last visit, but were still limited on warm enough days to get in the pool. But as you can see we still had fun and made the most of everyday. Elise took about a week to really start walking on her own. She started off holding on to walls, and then one day Jason and I took her out with her walking wings again, and you could see it click. She figured it out and has been walking everywhere since. At first it was really funny how she couldn't really control what direction she was going. She would walk out of the elevator at therapy and just start veering off to the right. Then at home one night she started to change directions and turn around. That's one of the videos below. It was pretty funny. She was really proud of herself for turning. I took her to gym today for the first time since walking and she really did well walking around on all the different surfaces. She also tried to pick up one of the 10lb weighted balls, too funny. Jason and I were able to replace our bikes thanks to our renters insurance, and we all three went for a family bike ride yesterday. That's the picture of Elise in her bike trailer. Also while my Mom was in town Jason and I were able to head up to Gainesville, while she watched Elise, and looked at different neighborhoods and areas of the town. We were happy to find several newer neighborhoods, and hope to find houses still available when it comes our time to move there. Elise has been pretty sick over the last week with an upper respiratory infection. She has been coughing and gagging causing her to vomit a lot. Which has also made her not eat well this last week. We will have a lot of work to do once she starts feeling better. The other video below is of Elise seeing herself in the video camera viewing screen. I want to wish everyone a happy Valentines day. We didn't send out cards this year. Also I want to wish my parents a happy Anniversary last Sat. I hope you guys have a great couple weeks, and I'll post again on the 1st of March.
5 comments:
She is getting so good at walking! We enjoyed these videos so much. (Aunt Leslie walks into things all the time). Lots of love!
Joel & Leslie
Great pictures. The blog makes a great Valentine. Thanks. Hope Elise feels better soon.
Love you all lots,
Great Grandma Mary
Looks like you all has a good time with your mom. The gum you go too looks fun!
Leslie
Great video!!! She's a movie star!
Was that Nadia, Olga, or Mary Lou? No even cuter, that was Elise!!!
Great Uncle Don
Post a Comment