Monday, May 18, 2009

This is Elise catching a quick cat nap at Jason's graduation. She did so well during the ceremony. But had trouble falling asleep because people were clapping every 15 seconds. So, I finally took her out in the lobby and after fighting it off, she finally gave in and fell asleep on my shoulder. . . So, after a rough start to last week, we are starting to get things figured out. Elise will have her next heart cath on June 3rd. The doctors will attempt to turn off her Flolan while in the cath lab, and if her pressures remain the same, they will remove the IV in her chest! So until then we will keep her on the very low dose that she is currently on. It is disappointing it is not sooner, but we will take what we can get. She is going great. She has figured out how to pull herself up, and now does it all the time. I had to lower her crib mattress today, because last night I went in her room and she was standing up! She was really proud of herself. She is also figuring out the crawling thing too. She keeps scooting backwards, but she's getting there. . . And we also found out we are going to be moving to Florida for Jason's internship. Jason took a contract with St. Petersburg general hospital, and will start in August. We will all move down together, so please, if you know someone who is looking for a house send 'em our way. We have to sell this thing! We will go down in late June for Jason to do hospital orientation, and Mom and I look for a house. It will be Elise's first plane ride! We are going to make a week long trip out of it, so we won't feel rushed. . . I guess that's it. Other than Jason graduating, nothing else happened this week. I have three videos below, make sure you check them out. Oh wait, duh! I got to see a lot of my favorite co-workers at St. Luke's in KC over the weekend. We stopped by with Elise on our way out of town so they could meet her. Thank you Susan for her sun hat and rain shoes. They will work great in Florida! I'll post again next week, love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Guess who is excited about the move to Florida? I can think of two people...Thanks for posting the videos. If you can get any of her pulling herself up that would be great. I'm making demands :-)

See ya real soon.

Love,
Leslie and Joel

Jenny said...

Florida....that is way to far away. :(

Good luck with the move. I am sure it is stressful but it will all work out.