Monday, September 22, 2008

21 Weeks old

This is her this morning before I tried to feed her. Grandpa Paul with Elise the other day. Proof that she loves the TV. Here she was playing deal or no deal. This is the bassinet that is a family heirloom on Jason's mom's side. It has been passed down 4 generations. I had it refurbished by an antique dealer 2 years ago. It is a beautiful piece. Originally Elise was to sleep in this next to our bed the first few months of her life. We have tried to get her to nap in it since being home, but she hasn't been hip to that idea. Happy Monday to everyone. Make sure you check below for more videos of last week. I am amazed at how much she changes each week. Over this last week, she has learned how to scream, found her hands, become a pro at the bouncy chair, and can almost roll over. Now if we can only get her to eat from a bottle! Speaking of which, the speech therapist came to visit again today, and gave us more homework. We are excited to try these new exercises with Elise that will help her get used to oral stimulation. We increased her Flolan again yesterday, which made for a restless night for Elise due to an upset tummy. And we have been able to decrease her oxygen more. So much so that our oxygen concentrator in the house only goes down to 1/2 liter, so they are going to bring us out a regulator that goes down in smaller increments. This way we can accurately decrease her oxygen as she tolerates it. Jason and I are excited to go back up to St. Louis Wednesday for two doctors visits. She will see her PH cardiologist in the morning (which is also the lung transplant team doctor), and then see the neonatologist doctor. She will also get a repeat echo cardiogram (ultrasound of her heart) while she is there to see if her right ventricle has decreased in size since her last echo in Aug. This can take many months to happen, so we do not expect to see much change. Mainly they want to make sure it hasn't gotten any bigger. But we are most excited about going up to the NICU to see all her nurses! Now we know that not all of them will be there, but can't wait to see those that are. I just can't decide what Elise will wear! I will be done with my orientation at St. John's this month and will be able to start back at Skaggs full time! I miss everyone there so much and can't wait to see all of them again. I will post again next Monday, I hope everyone enjoys all the new season premiers this week. Love you all, Kristin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is getting cuter by the day. I love checking out the site to see how things are going. I feel bad that I don't get to talk to you very much. I am always so busy, and I know you all are really busy too. Maybe we can catch up sometime one weekend. Love the pic's and videos. Talk to you later. Leslie