
Here is where our evening started last night in the room in the NICU. This is a room mainly used for families who are going to be discharged. It is a way for us to practice being at home. The nurses have no involvement in Elise's care, but they are right outside if we have any questions. It was good to do a test run before heading off on our own for real. This picture is of the room, and Jason and Elise on the bed. We bring her crib in from her unit room. She slept really well for us going down about 11pm, and sleeping until after 8am. We have to give her medicines at midnight and 4am, so we are busy throughout the night. Once she is eating better and the NG is removed, we will not have to give meds at night.

Here is Elise with me in a bed for the first time. She thought it was pretty fun. It was different trying to figure out what to do with her next since we had free range in the room. So we just played with her on different surfaces. She thought it was a hoot.

This was this afternoon. This is her to-go-home outfit given to her by my friend Tiffany (Aunt Tiffany to Elise). We were afraid she wouldn't fit in it, but it was a perfect fit. The yellow booties were a gift to Elise from my Godmother, Aunt Sue.

We took a little parade through the unit before leaving so all of the nurses could say goodbye. We will miss all of you guys!

Here are our first steps out the front door together.

Here we are filming and walking at the same time. I'm a multi-tasker.

Wow! Heat and humidity. Two very new feelings for her.

And a little sunlight in the eyes. You can see on top of her head where she is losing all her baby hair. She still has a lot in the back and it is still red. But she is definitely balding.

It was a major trick getting everything to fit in the car. It's a good thing I took as much home as I did earlier this week. We were really packed in.

Elise fell asleep about 30 minutes into the drive. But only slept for about 20 minutes before waking again.

Sometimes it was partly cloudy.

Other times it was partly sunny.

We arrived home to a welcome sign and balloons. Awe home!

And inside found a few welcome home gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Paul. Elise loved the balloons.

Once we got home we went straight to her room and put her in her crib. She loved it! She just kept stroking the pillow, it was given to her by my Aunt Mary. She was so happy. And she couldn't take her eyes off the ceiling fan in her room either.

Here is her meeting Mable for the first time. Mable was SO excited! Elise just looked at her and laughed. Silly puppy.

And here is her first diaper change at home on the changing table I set up in the laundry room. I have been waiting all summer to use this thing! We were worried she would be too long by the
time she came home. But it looks as though we still have plenty of room. Elise missed several naps today, because there were so many new things to see. She couldn't get over all the different rooms in the house. It is so great to be home and feel like a family. The dogs seem ok with her. Mable wasn't sure what to do about sitting on my lap when I was feeding her, but I assured Mable it was ok. Jason and I have a lot of work ahead of us with organizing and finding places for all her medicine and oxygen supplies. You should have seen our kitchen this evening as we tried to get it all together. What a mess. She went to sleep like she has always lived here tonight, and hopefully will sleep well. We are so excited to get our life started again. It is an odd feeling to think that I don't have to go in to the hospital tomorrow to take care of her. I just have to go into the next room. Oh happy days! Remember just give us a call or text if you want to drop by and meet her. If we don't answer then we are probably right in the middle of something and will call you back as soon as we get a chance. Love you all.
Kristin
12 comments:
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Looking forward to seeing her in her new digs.
Dad
SO.O.O.O glad you are all home! Thanks for all the pictures. I'll be calling you. Love you all a bunch!!!! Great-grandma Mary
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you guys. What a relief. I bet that was the longest ride home ever - but at least you were going South. What a new experience. Good luck to you.
I like this new person you've brought home, but I don't think she is house trained.
Mabel
OMG she is so cute. I am so happy that you all are back at home and doing well. It will be fun when I can come down and see you all. Enjoy being home.
Love, Leslie, Justin and Jack!
We miss you already! I'm so sorry I couldn't see you before you left, but I'm so happy you can have your family now in your own home! I love her going home outfit pictures, we waited a LONG time to see her in it.
I can't wait to hear how its going!
Angie Sloss
Hope you all are enjoying your first full day at home. I enjoyed checking the blog for the going home pictures. Elise looked so sweet. I missed here this morning when I came to work. I always enjoyed our little talks when she would tell me all about her night. Well I hope you all have a good holiday weekend and you know if you have any questions you can call. gaila
An incredible homecoming!!! A beautiful little girl with so much love all around her. You guys deserve this happiness and much more..our prayers are still with you, Aunt Ann & Jim
Drennan's: Hope you all enjoyed your long awaited first day/night at home together as a family!! Elise your going home outfit was adoreable and it fit you perfect. I heard from Debbie the car packing was challenging. HA!HA! It's great to see Elise checking out her home enviornment. Hope you have a fabulous weekend. We all miss you and can't wait to hear all the new things Elise is doing. You know where we're at if you need anything, just call. - Kristin
Hooray!!! What a beautiful sight...Elise in her own home.
Welcome home to all of you.
Much love,
Shannon
I am sooo happy for you guys. I wish I could have seen Elise before you all left but I'm sure glad you left long before I come back from maternity leave. I'm sure you are enjoying family life in your own home and not the little hospital room. Can't wait to see all the pictures of Elise happy at home where she belongs.
Amy Wolter
I am so glad that you are all home...There is no place like home! Elise in the sunglasses is too cute! I love the little set-up that your parents did to welcome you all home. Your mom is so good at things like that. Enjoy being home!
Post a Comment