After 4 very long months (123 days) we are finally excited to announce ELISE IS GOING HOME FRIDAY! And I mean home, not to another hospital. We found out last week that they wanted to send us home, but didn't want to announce it until today, just in case something happened that would cause a delay. I cannot express how excited we are to FINALLY take our baby home and be a real family. She will go home on oxygen and have some NG feedings, mainly at night. She will also have the continuous IV infusion. We will continue to increase her Flolan from home, and start weaning her oxygen as well. Home health came to the house today to deliver the oxygen, pulse ox machine, food pump for the night NG feedings, and other supplies. Thursday night Jason and I get to spend the night with Elise in a special room in the NICU that is set up to mimic being at home with her. We will do everything as if we were at home with the nurses close by in case we have any questions. Then Friday we will head home! It feels so good to be typing that sentence and telling family. We have gone through so many emotions this summer, some more than once. It is nice to finally have this new emotion of excitement and joy. My mom and I spent several hours Monday night cleaning the house getting it ready for Elise. And Jason and I already have so much planned to do with Elise. We have a lot of time to make up for, and so much we want to show her. We are going to get video of her coming out of the hospital Friday, and post it hopefully Friday night. And we will still post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday next week. We will eventually post less when things start to settle down, but she has a lot to experience once she gets home, and I know that all of you will want to watch her experience it all. Jason and I cannot thank all of you enough for all the support you guys have given us through emails, texts, comments on the blog, phone calls, care packages, gifts, money, cards, and hugs. And thank you to everyone that spread her story to other people who increased the number of people pulling for her. We have had overwhelming support from SO many people, this has been such an experience. We never thought anything like this would happen to us. Elise still has a long road ahead of her and we hope she will continue to improve. I know that many of you want to meet her, and we want you to meet her too. Please feel free to call Jason or I to visit, and we will let you know when a good time would be. This fall we will start restricting visits due to the cold and flu season. The less she's exposed to, the smaller chance she will have to catch something. Even a minor cold will put her back in Children's hospital or even kill her. Jason and I would also like to extend a huge thank you to all the hospital staff at St. John's and Children's. Everyone we have come in contact with has been so wonderful. Every staff member goes out of there way to make us comfortable, and caters to any need we have, no matter how minor. We have developed some close relationships with many of the nurses here, and I value each one. I will sign off tonight with butterflies in my stomach as our big day grows closer. I'm sure I'll cry again as we leave the hospital, but they will be tears of joy and excitement. I love you all, Kristin
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
Yippee yippee hoorah hoorah!!! I'm so happy for all of you! It's about time!!! All this time I've been saying how I didn't know how you guys were holding it together this long... I would be a basket case (OK, so I am a basket case... but whatever)..... I'm soooooo happy! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.....
We love you and wish ALL the best for all 3 of you. I think Thanksgiving Day needs to have a new date - August 29th!
We'll definitely still keep pulling for you - never give up, you know!!
Love you guys,
Kathy, Mike, Sean & Traci
Congratulations, Jason, Kristin, & Elise! This is exciting news!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know she will love her new room (and new four-legged family members).
This is great news!
Love,
Todd, Xochy, Patton, Piper and Ranger
Yea! I am so excited for your family. I can only imagine the emotional excitement that the news of being able to bring home Elise was for you. Elise will be in fantastic hands at home as not every mother and father have the medical training that the two of you do and not only that, but the love and strong bond that you both continue to show for Elise everday.
I am glad that you continue to blog on a regular basis as I have truly enjoyed seeing Elise's progress through the months. She is one tough cookie!
I am so happy for you guys! I know it's been a long journey. Being home and with family will hopefully make things a lot better. Please keep posting the "baby babble" videos. I love those!
Joel and Leslie.
Congratulations Jason, Kristin and Elise! I am so happy for you that this day has finally, at long last and way overdue has at last arrived. I wondered if something was up when I saw the pics of her car seat trial. I have tears of sheer joy and relief in my eyes as I type this because I am so happy for you all. I would love to see Elise again and introduce her to her future friend Abbey when you guys are up to it. Congratulations again. May your little family live happily ever after!
Kari Reichert
Drennan family, and I mean FAMILY, we were so excited to get your postcard in our mailbox and see the St. John's people delivering equipment across the street!! The sun is going to be shining down on Lark St. on Friday when you bring your sweet daughter home!! We look forward to getting to know all of you better in the days ahead. Have a safe trip home. So much to look forward to and you will make it with God's help and your wonderful family and friends.
John & Debbie Kimbrough (neighbors)
COngrats!! I am so happy for you! I hope you have a safe trip home. You two deserve this! Elise will be so happy in her own room!
Ali Flick
We just received the darling "coming home" picture card in the mail today. It was so nice to receive something in the mail besides the normal bills. It is so nice to have a picture of Elise join our refrigerator photo collage.
Elise,
Happy 4 month Birthday!
Love,
The Collins Family
Thank goodness!!!! Congrats on getting to come back to SW MO. I'm so happy for you guys. You have done so well with all that has gone on.
Welcome home lil' Elise.
Amy
What wonderful news! Isn't that interesting that she is going home exactly on her 4-month birthday? And that her days in the NICU will total 123? Kind of seems like it was meant to be, doesn't it? I am so very happy for you guys. I am sure you are extremely excited and nervous to bring your sweet baby home. I wish you luck over the next couple of days.
Love,
Auntie Christy
Is Springfield ready for this big city girl? You betcha!!!!!!
Uncle Don
YEAH!!!!!!
SO Happy it's finally going to happen. I can't wait to read all about home life with your sweet little angel.
Love you all! Karen
PRAISE GOD!! I GOT BUTTERFLIES IN MY STOMACH TOO JUST READING THE EXCITING NEWS!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HER AGAIN AND SEE HOW MUCH SHE'S CHANGED!! LOVE YOU GUYS! HAVE A SAFE TRIP HOME, NO SPEEDING TO GET HOME LOL. -TESS
PS, Elise.............HAPPY 4 MONTH BIRTHDAY :) :) =) :P !!!!!!
Wow - Fantastic!!! We are very excited for you.
Kirk & Nancy
Post a Comment