Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Smile!

Elise smiling for the camera. Fredbird helping Elise do her OT head lifting workout. Elise sleeping on Mom. Here's my self portrait.
Elise ready for bed. Big stretch! Hi bright eyes. "Do you like my new outfit?" Hello,
Things continue to slowly progress here in St. Louis. They turned O2 down to 3L today, and Elise has handled it well. Speech therapy and OT are working with her on bottle feedings, coming in twice a day. Her oral aversion is worsened since being intubated twice while in Springfield, so it is going to take longer to get her back on the bottle/breast. She continues to gain weight with her feedings still going over 1.5 hours. She will likely be on 3L the rest of the week before trying 2L this weekend. The doctors say that once she is on 2L, I can start breastfeeding again.
She is starting to smile in response to people talking to her, which is fun. And she will get her 2 month old vaccines sometime this week. I spoke with the doctors about an estimated discharge date, since I have to return to work by Sept 1, and they think that we should be home by then, but no sooner. (big sigh) So lets hope she excels with the feedings and gets to go home sooner.
I'll post again on Friday, until then take care.
Kristin and Elise

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow ... That smile is the most beautiful I have ever seen. You both look Great! Hang in there, and please let us know if you need anything. Lots of Love to all three of you!!
Great Aunt Debbie

Karol said...

Kristin, you do not know me, but I feel like I know you and your family. My name is Karol Evans and I am a friend of Great-grandma, Mary Morgan,(Grandpa Gary and I were friends as kids). She contacted me when Elise was born and I have been following the blog since then. Please know that your family, and especially beautiful little Elise, are in our prayers on a continued basis. In fact you are on our prayer list at Grace Baptist Church in Richland, MO. The first picture of this post is absolutely fantastic!!! What a wonderful surprise when I opened it after church tonight!!! Please take care of yourself as you care for that little angel!!
Karol

Anonymous said...

What a sweet smile! And I love the picture of her stretching ..... those are just precious. It sounds like she is making steady improvement, but there could be a long road ahead. Hang in there .... the reward will be worth it!

Love,
Christy, Shad and Connor

michelle scott said...

Hi Kristen,
This is Michelle. I took care of Elise that day she was intubated before she trasferred to St. Louis. I am so happy to see her extubated and smiling. I have been thinking about you guys alot. It is so nice to get updates on your blog. She seems to be making good progress. You guys are in my prayers.

sjstage said...

Elise has the most beautiful eyes and smile -- just like her Mom & Dad. I think she's sending you a positive message. The separation for Jason must be hard, and yet Elise has already taught him how to be a better doctor. Kristin, soak up this time -- it will fly. We love you all! Jane & Sam

HouseofGreytStuff said...

You guys are doing a great job Kristin, just keep hanging in there and fighting for that beautiful girl. Please, PLEASE let us know if there is absolutely anything we can do for you!!!

Shannon on behalf of GPA-MoKan

PS. you are currently REALLY being missed at the garage sale. ;)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful feeling it must be to see that gorgeous little girl smile at mommy and daddy! She is becoming more and more beautiful everyday and you can begin to see the personality coming out in her!! Those bright eyes are going to be boy catchers :) But not until she's 30 right? :) lol. Sorry I haven't been able to post because my computer at home wont let me. But I, as well as everyone at Skaggs ED are thinking about you and Elise and Jason each and every day. We love and miss you very much. xoxoxo Tess