Saturday, June 28, 2008
Internet problems
Hey guys,
Sorry for not posting last night. It wasn't that I forgot, it's that the wireless internet is down in the hospital. It isn't working today either, so I'm having to post from a desktop in the hospital that doesn't have any of our pictures. So, as soon as I can post with our laptop, you'll get pictures and hopefully video if it works!
Elise has been holding steady at 3L o2, and we increased her feedings to one hour on Thursday. She still spits up and vomits, but as we've learned from the past, she does that no matter what. Since she has officially hit 2 months (as of tomorrow) she will get her 2 month vaccines tonight :-( I really didn't think at the beginning of all this she would be in the hospital long enough to get her first set of vaccines.
She is still gaining weight coming in at 10lbs 4 ounces currently. And is still on Reglan to help decrease vomiting and increase GI mobility, a diuretic to keep fluid from building up in her lungs, and Viagra to help with oxygen exchange in her lungs. And by the way, I have been trying to find a Viagra onsie without any luck. I've even searched the NASCAR sites too. So if anyone comes across a Viagra onsie, let me know where to find it.
Jason is in town this weekend, but leaves for Michigan tomorrow for 2 weeks to check out a residency. I've been looking for ER agency nursing work here in St. Louis without any luck. So Jason and I are trying to figure out something for next month that would get me home to work some shifts at Skaggs. Since Jason has to stay in Spfd to work his part time job for insurance, we would be trading of time in St. Louis with him coming up during his weekend off, and me going to Spfd for that weekend to work. Hopefully it will work out, not only giving me a change in scenery, but also a little extra $ in our bank. And, it would allow Jason more time with Elise, and still give him study time in Spfd for boards.
I've changed rooms at the Ronald House to room 17. I had some noisy neighbors, so they graciously let me move rooms. And, riding my bike to and from the hospital has proven to be great exercise, as well as not using the elevators. I have received several VERY thoughtful gifts lately, ranging from gift cards to music boxes, and I thank all of you SO much. It really helps to know that we are not going through this alone. And I know that many of you have expressed the wish to come visit, and I want you to know that I know you are thinking of us, and that means more than you know. I have unlimited texting on my phone, so any of you feel free to text if you feel like it, and I'll text you back.
Love you all,
Kristin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kristin,
I was glad to see your post today. And, I'm glad Elise is making progress, even if it is slow. I do wish you could all be home in Springfield though!
So, I looked for a little while for a onesie with Viagra on it & had no luck, but I did come across a website where you can design your own onesie with whatever you want on it. And, it's not too expensive. Anyway, if you're interested, here's the link: http://www.makeaonesie.com/
Speaking of onesie's, I've been looking at K-State and Iowa State baby clothes and have been very tempted... there's some really cute stuff out there!
Anyway, hang in there. I know this is a hard time for everyone. But, we have to believe everything will work out fine and Elise will grow up to be a strong and healthy, beautiful young lady, with a Viagra story to tell all her friends!
We love you and have you all in our thoughts and prayers!
Kathy, Mike, Sean, & Traci
HI Kristen , Jason & Baby Elise!
She looks so good. I love the pictures of her looking at the Freebird , I could just eat those chubby cheeks. She looks so good. You guys are so blessed!
Talk to you all later. God Bless ! Kara
Woof.
Eva doesn't want me on Viagra...she said something about she has enough problems. Hugs to you and kisses to Elise.
Post a Comment