Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Settled in Gainesville

We have fully settled in Gainesville.  I (Jason) worked my final week in St. Pete last week.  I came home to Gainesville, and the house was magically put together!  Well, not magically, Kristin put it all together.  I think it was the smoothest move we have had in a while, which is a lot considering the 1,000-mile trip from Springfield plus 200-mile trip from St. Pete.  My dad and Gail were a huge part of that.  It was nice to visit with my dad during the drive from Springfield, and Elise really enjoyed her time with Grandma and Grandpa Drennan.  Elise really likes her new house.  She showed me around when I got home Friday.  Every room she threw up her hands and said "whoa!"  She has fun being chased around the circle and wrestling on the living room floor.  The dogs like the extra space and the water detention area down the street, where they can run off leash.  Kristin enjoys having a normal-sized house again.  We have all of our things with us now, instead of half of it.  We have got the house fully functional and all the boxes unpacked, so it's time to explore the town.  There isn't much to say about it outside the university's 2000-acre campus.  Gainesville is all about the university, but it does have some beautiful nature.  We are planning to explore some of the springs.  I have the next two weeks off before I start.  It's going to be a whole different experience.  They'll expect a lot more out of me than in St. Pete.  The flipside is that they do so much more teaching.  I'll finally be in the OR, and for the rest of my life, outside a few months in the surgical ICU.  I've been reading to prepare, and I think I'll do well.  I'm more anxious about learning the new system than working in the OR right now.  We'll talk to you soon.  Jason

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So adorable! Elise's hair has gotten so long! Can't wait to see you all the second week of November. I'm glad you got all settled in, and have all your stuff there. Love, Grandma Marcie