Hey everyone! We had another great two weeks. My Mom came to visit last week and we had great weather. Jason and I were able to make it up to Gainesville again to look at more neighborhoods. It's hard to decide what to do since our house in Spfd is still for sale. We are debating on trying to rent the Spfd house in order to help pay our mortgage. We just wish it would sell, so we can get on with everything else. Also Elise's Godmommy Leslie and Uncle Joel were able to come over to celebrate an early birthday for Elise. It was a great week. Elise and I had a big day today. She started her intensive feeding program today. It is a long day, but I think she will do very well. She has feeding therapy everyday at 8:30, 10:30, 12:00, and 3:00. She also has occupational therapy everyday from 9-10. And will meet with a nutritionist every week. Fortunately the Ronald McDonald house is going to let us use one of their rooms for her to take a nap in everyday, so I don't have to waste time driving all the way home and back. This way she gets the longest nap possible. It worked out so well today. I never really knew anything about the Ronald McDonald house before Elise was born. And I am amazed at how wonderful they are for families with sick children. If you ever are wanting to donate to a charity, I would highly suggest this one. You can even donate it in Elise's name (it's a tax deduction!!). They have done so much for us, and I can't thank them enough. I was pretty nervous last night wondering how she would do today, but it went better than I thought. And the therapists had a lot of great feedback from today that made me feel better. Elise did have a rough day though. She got so upset at the 10:30 meal that she threw up. And she was so tired and fed up with everything at the 12:30 meal that she almost cried the whole time. But she ate more today than she ever has for me at home. And, by the end of the day she was warming up to the two therapists that will be working with her. Our goal for the end of the month is to have her eating puree's (baby foods) and drinking liquids, with the hope that she can get her g-tube out. They said that she has eating solids down, and doesn't gag when eating them, so we won't focus on those as much. At her 3:00 meal she ate 1/2 a chocolate pudding individual snack cup. That's 55 calories! I'll try to get some pictures of her in therapy so you guys can have an idea of what it looks like. I'll also post again this Thursday on her birthday. Oh, and that's why I changed the layout of the blog. I figured, it's been two years, why not change it up a bit. So enjoy the pictures of my mom's visit, and I'll post again Thursday night.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad to hear therapy went as well as it get. I'm sure it will get better as it goes along.
I know it is hard to make decisions about housing. I pray you will make the right ones.
Appreciate all the pictures.
Love you much,
Grandma Mary
I love the layout of the site. Glad to hear that the first day was off to a good start. I am so excited about any eating improvements. Love the pictures and can't wait to see you soon. Give sweet baby a big hug and kiss from Uncle Joel but MUCH bigger ones from me :-)
Love,
Godmom
Love the speedos! So adorable! How wonderful that Elise is able to nap at Ronald McDonald house between therapy sessions. Sounds like they keep you pretty busy with all the sessions. I'll look forward to Thursday's birthday report. Love you all, Grandma Marcie
Post a Comment