Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy new Year

Happy New year! Our year has started of really cold! About 20 degrees below normal! Jason, Elise, and I went to Elise's Godmother's house in Orlando Christmas Eve, and then Jason worked Christmas. So, Elise and I brought dinner to him at the hospital. My parents have been in town since new year's eve. We were able to keep Elise up until midnight, so she was able to see her first ball drop. That is the picture of her on the couch and the three of us together. We are not getting to enjoy the beach like we thought we would due to the cold weather. So we have been trying to find things to do indoors. Like going to the mall to play on the coin operated toys, and going to an open-gym hour at a local tumbling place. We have been taking Elise here for the past couple of Mondays, and she loves it. There are trampolines, and tons of other soft things that she can walk, crawl, and jump on. Today we went and explored an old Fort, and tomorrow we will go to a citrus winery for some wine tasting. We did get out to the Saturday morning farmer's market when Leslie and Joel came to visit Saturday. They have live music and great food, plus we can bring our dogs too! It is supposed to remain cold all week and through the weekend. Which is a bummer, cause Jason's best friend and wife are coming down this weekend after my parents leave. We start speech/feeding therapy up again tomorrow after a long two week break. Elise has been doing well with table foods, but has decided she doesn't like spoons lately. We'll see what her therapist has to say tomorrow. Walking is still a challenge. She is getting closer each week to walking on her own, but is still a long way away. I'll post again in two weeks. Love you all, Kristin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the report and pictures. It seemed like a LONG two weeks. You think it is cold there. Our HIGH later in the week is to be in the single digits. 6 below tonight and maybe 10 below Fri night. Brrrr!
Love you and miss you.
Grandma Mary

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo, do I see another gymnast in the family?????

I'm glad you guys are doing great! Oh, and if you'd like some snow, we have a BUNCH of extra here!

Love you guys,
Kathy, Mike, Sean & Traci

Unknown said...

I want a hat!! LOVE them! She is getting so tall! Miss you guys, love you!

Auntie Tiff

Jenny said...

Elise managed to stay up longer than I did on New Year's. I missed the ball dropping. :)

It was so nice to see you guys over the holidays. I enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks for making the drive. :)

Burrell said...

Hey! I love the one of Elise and Jason in the litte car. Warm enough for the beach yet?