Monday, October 12, 2009

So Elise was getting really frustrated at home while walking with her scooter, because she kept running into walls, dogs, toys, and everything else. So we decided to take her to the beach so she could walk to her hearts content. These are the pictures of our walk on the beach at sunset on Monday. The clouds were really pink from the sunset. A little nudge from Dad to help her along. She kept wanting to walk in the water. Too cute! These next photos are of our visit to Busch Gardens in Tampa. We ended up spending 6 hours there! Elise loved it! It's part zoo, part amusement park. She is really into pushing anything and everything around. So once she figured out that she could push her stroller, that was all she wanted to do. She got to ride her first train. This took you around the park, and through the open range where most of the animals roam. She loved all the people who were sitting behind her. She just kept waving at all of them. And she got to ride a carousel fot the first time. This was her first time riding a ride. She really liked it. These were some Flamingos at the park. She loves birds. This is her relaxing in the chair. We let her walk with her scooter on the carport when it isn't too hot. . Here's the video of her ride. . . She gets so excited for bath time. She just squeals and screams. Jason's head is in the way, but you can still hear her. . . And these next two are of her pushing her stroller. . This video was taken tonight. Elise likes to fake talk on the phone. Now in this video, she looks like she's looking at something, but she's not. She acts like she listening, then laughs. It is hilarious! . . So how did you guys do? Was 2 weeks as bad as you thought it would be? We had a pretty good two weeks. The weather is HOT here, above normal temps. Which all the locals aren't too thrilled about, but we aren't complaining much. We are really trying to get Elise to walk. Making (helping) her walk everywhere around the house and in and out of businesses. Anything to help her feel more steady on her feet. I know a lot of mom's say, "oh you just wait, you'll be chasing her everywhere." And I know that's true, but I'm ready for her to start walking. We will be able to do so much more. We have made several new friends, and it is hard to play when they are walking everywhere, and she isn't. Plus she is over 17 months! She needs to start walking. So we are trying everyday to increase her confidence, so that soon she will let go, and walk on her own. . . Her speech therapy is going well. She is taking to all the suggestions that her therapist has given us really well, and has even learned simple sign language. I have finished all the paperwork for their feeding program, and will turn it in tomorrow. Hopefully they will have an opening before we have to move next year. I just keep hearing good things about it. . . We are heading to Gainsville Fl tomorrow for Jason's first interview for his residency next year. I know this is confusing for a lot of you. But he will interview at residency programs he is interested in between now and the end of the year. These places include STL, KC, OKC, plus a few others like Gainsville. We will find out in March where Jason will get to go to start his anesthesia residency. . . Elise and I will be heading to Orlando not this weekend, but the next weekend, to see our cousins and go to Disney! I'm really hoping Elise will be walking by then, so she can enjoy the park more. And Grandma Marcie will be visiting at the end of the month too! We can't wait. I'll post again on the 26th. Love you all! Kristin

3 comments:

Gary said...

It's amazing to see the difference even since we were there. She's really close to free walking. As her legs and balance develop, she will be going in no time. How did the Board's go? Love you all, hope to see you again down there. Love Dad/Papa D

Anonymous said...

Yay! Pictures and movies!!!! It's been OK not having the update last week - all the pix, etc., made it worth the wait. Also, no bad news helped! Have fun at Disney (I'll have my fingers crossed that no silly people are running around spreading flu germs while you're there).
Love you guys!
Kathy, Mike, Sean & Traci

Anonymous said...

Yes, waiting 2 weeks was horrible! No, really I missed the weekly update, but I'm very happy that there was nothing significant(bad) to report. I would love getting a daily update of everything Elise says and does, but I know that's pretty selfish (grandma-ish). It's just something to look forward to on Mondays. Can't wait to see you guys! Love, Grandma Marcie