We made the long trip in two days, and did it pretty successfully. It wasn't too bad, I drove the big U-Haul pulling my car, with Macy as my sidekick. Kristin drove her Tahoe with Elise and the three other dogs. Elise decided she was done riding in the car about two hours from St. Pete and through a big, long fit. Overall, we really can't complain. Here we are at Friday and we're all unpacked and settled in. Today we made our first trip to the beach, and decided to make it a dog beach. The dogs absolutely loved it. We didn't put Elise in a swimsuit, but she cackled while watching the dogs play around. I've still got a couple weeks before starting work, and my first rotation will be mostly anesthesia. I'm going to be studying for boards while we try to hit the beach as much as possible. There are a lot of beautiful beaches around here, but Fort DeSoto is the only dog beach.
Elise has been doing very well in Florida, she slept a lot early this week to catch up. There are a few adjustments for her to make, but she's doing great. We'll post again Monday.
Love,
Jason
2 comments:
Very happy to see the update! I'm so glad you guys made it there safely and have already enjoyed the beach. Keep up with the updates!
Love you guys!
Kathy, Mike, Sean, & Traci
We are so excitd!! See you soon.
Love,
Leslie and Joel
Post a Comment