Monday, May 11, 2009

A week overdue

Ok, so these pictures are way backwards. So, start at the bottom and go up. This was a book that Leslie had personally made for Elise that has flower fairies, each representing a letter in her first and middle name. It is really cute. This was the night of her birthday party. She was pretty tired from all the partying.
She LOVED Joel!
And of course her Aunt Eva too.
Nice socks Mom.
Here she's wearing a new Baby outfit from Leslie and Joel.
Here she is about to dig into the cake.
No I didn't pay anyone to make this cake. I did it myself, looks professional I know. My Mom made me the same cake on my first birthday.
Ready for cake!
She loves the picture of the baby on Mom's phone.
She had a first birthday hat from Uncle Brad, and a tiara from Aunt Eva.
The hat has a candle on top.
Good french fry!
Just hanging out with Great Grandma Eleanor.
Mmmm paper.
This is her new surprised look. She does it all the time now.
What a week! It feels like it has been two weeks! Everything started last Monday after I dropped off my cousins Leslie and her husband Joel at the airport. We had a fabulous weekend as you can see by the pictures. Her party was so fun, and she loved having everyone with her. It was Monday afternoon and I went to pick her up like I do everyday, and her IV broke in two! Yes, completely broke in half. And her Flolan has a half life of only minutes. Which meant that we had to get another IV in her ASAP. So we jumped in the car a drove like a banshee to the hospital where they were able to get an IV in her, then we headed to STL. They weren't sure if they would be able to repair it again like last time, so they admitted us overnight to the hospital. But we went home the next am, since they were able to fix it. Wed. we headed to Oklahoma City with our friend Jon to start looking for a house to rent. Two days of searching finally lead us to a great house. And this whole time Elise spent the night with her Grandma and Grandpa for the first time. And they all did great. We got back late Thursday night, and I went to work for the next three days leaving Jason at home with Elise. He then left Sunday while I was at work to head to STL for the next two months. Phew! But wait, there's more. We have been able to successfully wean Elise down on her Flolan low enough that she can be turned off in the hospital. But, I found out today that they want to do that in cath lab, and there aren't any openings this week. They weren't expecting her to be down this far for another 2 weeks. But she just did so well coming down this week, that we just kept going. So I am waiting to hear from the scheduling lady in STL to find out when we can get up there and hopefully get her off Flolan and get this damn IV out of her! AND, we found out today that Jason won't be going to OKC next year. That's an even longer story that I'll save you all from. And fill you in later, once we know if we will be staying in Spfd, or going somewhere else. Other than that, things are going well. Elise is cutting some new teeth, and is starting to crawl and pull herself up. I uploaded several videos below, I hope you enjoy them. Sorry I didn't post again last week like I said I would. I kinda got a little busy. Love you all. Kristin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew, you did have quite a week. Yay for Elise that she tolerated the Flolan weaning so well. Hopefully someone will cancel or STL will have an opening soon so that Elise can ditch that nasty central line for good. Looks like she had a great time at her party. I hope she ate a bunch of cake! May God be with you all as you go through so many upcoming transitions.

Kari

Anonymous said...

Can you explain how you let your mom and my mom both sit on the same couch while wearing "tiger print" outfits? Sorry we missed the party, looks like fun; and it's really tough to tell who the center of attention was!!!!!!!!!

TK

Jenny said...

Wow! What a week! Thanks for sharing all of the b-day pictures of Elise. Her "1st Birthday" birthday hat is tooo cute! Glad to hear that you don't have to go to OKC...yea!