Saturday, May 30, 2009
A week of firsts
Sorry, I couldn't post last night. Our internet was down until just a few minutes ago, so I had Jason post a quick note from St. Louis. Elise had a GREAT week last week, and like usual, kept it exciting. Monday night her broviac clotted off and she wasn't able to get her flolan. But since she was on such a low dose, I was able to just stop it, and call her doctors in the morning. We went to STL Tues afternoon and were admitted to the hospital. They observed her overnight, and took out her Broviac on Wed, sending us home soon after! So Elise is officially FREE! Now her only medicine is viagra that we have increased to 4 times a day. So last week she had a week of firsts. First time to the mall, first time to the grocery store, first shower, getting a bath 4 nights in a row, and going swimming! She is able to be a naked baby now, and it is wonderful just picking her up unattached. Jason and I are so thrilled to have her off Flolan this soon. We never thought it would happen this summer, let alone next summer. The doctors cancelled her heart cath that was scheduled for this week, and are going to reschedule for the end of July. We have a trip to Florida planned in late June that Elise will get to fly for the first time. It really has been a great week, and we just hope that she will continue to improve and not have anymore setbacks. Enjoy the pictures below. The swim ones are backwards, sorry. Love you all, Kristin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Awesome. That is the best news I have heard all week. And keep the pics coming!!!!!
Ranger, Patton and Piper
Oh yeah! We am so excited to see all of the beautiful pictures. She is just too cute.
Leslie and Joel
Wa-Hoo! I am so proud of Elise!! I was giving Dr. Slack the update and she was so excited for you all too. Enjoy your new freedom!
Kari
Great pictures of mom and her sweet baby girl.
Do glad to hear such great news. She's Free!! You guys are going to have a great summer with her being able to be so active.
SO-OOOOOOOOOOO happy Elise has made so much progress. It's so much easier for her and for you guys.
Love you all very much,
Grandma Mary
Post a Comment