We went for a walk Saturday with Great Grandma Mary at Springfield lake. She was our photographer for the day. This is Elise ready to go.
Elise is really good at blinking right when the picture is taken.
Here we are ready to go with the kids in the back, and Elise in the front.
She's trying to help me walk Lulu. You can see the tree damage from the last two ice storms behind us.
Don't look at the horrific look on my face, just focus on her adorable one.
.
.
.
Anyway, so last week went well. But (you know it's never good when you see the word but), Elise came down with a fever again Sunday am. We were packed and ready to head out the door to STL when her doctors told us to stay here. We got some labs drawn here, and were able to start her on IV antibiotics here at home. She's getting the same treatment she would in the hospital. So we will wait 24-48 hours for the results of the blood cultures to see if it is her central line that is infected again, or if it is something else. Meanwhile, we will be giving her the IV antibiotics every 8 hours and treating fevers with Motrin and Tylenol. She has been feeling pretty crappy, but tries really hard to be her happy self. It is so hard to watch her be uncomfortable; you just wish that you could take the pain for her. We will draw labs again Wednesday for recheck, if all goes well between now and then. I think I have two videos that I took of her this weekend that I'll post as I get time later this week. I'll post again for sure Monday, and sooner if anything important happens. Love you all, Kristin
2 comments:
Great pictures! Glad to see everyone out and about. We loved having your mom here, even though she broke a VERY expensive wine glass ($2.00 from wal-mart).
Thanks for the pics. She is growing so fast! Glad to see that you are all able to be out and about. The dogs are too cute. Give them all an extra treat or two from us.
Love,
Leslie and Joel
Post a Comment