Thursday, February 12, 2009

Elise's blood cultures came back positive for staph again, which is what she had in January. It is treatable with the I.V. antibiotic we have been giving at home since Monday. So, her doctors in STL want to treat with the antibiotic for 10 days. Yesterday was her first day without fever! And still none today. We re-drew labs again last night, and should hear the results sometime today for some of them, but the cultures will take 24-48 hours. I did not take her in to her PCP today since I was able to draw the labs from home and she is feeling better. And the next question is if she will still get her heart cath that she is scheduled for next week. The cardiologists are all discussing and will get back with us. If I had to guess, I would say they will want us to come up as scheduled so they can check her out, and then decide whether to go ahead with the procedure, or reschedule again. I still have those videos I'll post later this week. I was able to pick up shifts at work yesterday, today, and tomorrow, so I'm a little busy with everything. I'll post again on Monday. Love you all, Kristin

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Darn it, I hate to hear that Elise is once again not feeling well. Poor kid! She's such a trooper with all she goes through.

Glad to see you got to enjoy some of the nice weather earlier this week. Love the pictures of the dogs and Elise in the car.