Monday, September 1, 2008

Elise's busy weekend

Here is Saturday morning, Elise getting her first bath because she had a blowout up the back!
Her Aunt Debbie and Uncle Don came to visit on Saturday. She had a great time playing in her bumbo seat. Here she is on Sunday in a too cute for words outfit. We took her on her first walk Sunday morning with the dogs. She loved looking up at the trees and the sky, even though it was kinda bright. Here we are at my parents house Sunday eve. It was our first venture out of the house, and we didn't forget anything.
This is Elise on our bed taking her nap. We were working on getting her room put back together, so she got the queen suite. She looked so tiny on the big bed. Proud Grandma and Grandpa, happy to have Elise home.
What a busy weekend! It feels like it's been longer than 3 days. Elise is LOVING everything in her new house. All the different rooms, the ceiling fans, the dogs, the windows, the pictures, and the fact that mom and dad are always around! She is really keeping Jason and I busy. On top of all the normal baby business, she has medicines every 4 hours, feeds every 4 hours, oxygen, and her IV infusion. But it is so great to have her with us. We love to go in and look at her while she is taking her naps. And boy is she getting some good naps. With no one to wake her and no alarms, she is getting some serious rest. She isn't eating as well as we had hoped so far, but we are thinking that when things settle into a routine she'll get back on track. Jason had to work today, so I was on my own from 3pm to 11pm. Well sort of. My mom came over at 7pm and played with Elise so I could get some things done. It has been nice having the visitors over the weekend. Every time Elise wakes up from her nap there is someone new for her to play with. The dogs are each adjusting on there own. Lulu, the greyhound, could care less. Macy, the basset, isn't too sure about this loud little human that gets all the attention. And my little Mable, the dachound, is such a good helper. She gets up with me every time I have to during the night and follows me into Elise's room. She lays on the floor at my feet and waits for me to finish whatever it is that I'm doing before we go back to bed. I know someday they will be great pals. Tomorrow we are having my Dad's birthday lunch at my house, then Jason and I are going to venture down to Branson with her and go to Silver Dollar City. Which is a very well know amusement park here. We are excited to get her out again. I return to work on Wed, and will post when I get home. Keep your eye out for random postings of videos. They take awhile to upload, so sometimes I'll start uploading one at night and finish posting it the next day (like the one below). Love you all, Kristin

No comments: