
Here's Elise with her Grandma Gail.

Here's Grandma Gail feeding Elise in one of her feeding positions.

And here's nurse
Gaila giving it a try.

And Gail again.

Time to Burp.

Elise with Grandpa Gary.

And Grandma again trying to feed fussy Elise.

Here are some pics of Elise with her Grandma and Grandpa
Drennan this weekend. They said she was fussy during feedings, but they still had a good time playing with her and getting to know her all weekend. Our friends
Zac and Miranda also came by to visit Elise and help feed and play with her this weekend. I got in late last night, and she was still awake giving the nurses a hard time, so I had to set her straight right off. Today she has eaten fairly well. It will take us a few days to get back in the swing of things. Her
Flolan is up to 9
ng/kg/min, and her goal is 10-12
ng/kg/min. So we are getting closer to her goal, but the problem with the higher doses are all the side effects. The most common side effect is flushing of the face and arms
which isn't harmful, but is a sign that the body is having a hard time tolerating the dose. Other annoying common side effects are vomiting, diarrhea, irritability, and decreased appetite. All of which are great when you're trying to work on feedings with a baby that is already against eating. I wanted to thank all of my family this weekend for all their supportive words, and loving hugs. I know all of you are frustrated being so far away, feeling like you can't help. But I want you to realize that you are all with us everyday. I love you all and can't wait for you to meet the youngest member of our family. Love, Kristin
1 comment:
You know, if Elise isn't careful, she's going to get a set of chubby cheeks!! She's looking so big. Hang in there. Just ride the wave and soon you'll be back home!!
Take Care,
Amy
Post a Comment