Monday, August 18, 2008

16 weeks old

Here she is napping in a new outfit given to her from her Grandma Jane. Here's a good look at her face with almost nothing on it. We were changing the tape on her nasal cannula which you can see down by her chin.
This is my cousin Mara. She and her family came from K.C. to meet Elise. Her daughter Claire is who Elise has inherited all the great clothes from. One of her sleeping positions. Her and Mara again, playing with the soccer ball. She loves the soccer ball.

Well Elise had a pretty good weekend. She was visited by her cousin Mara, and was really happy and talkative the whole time. But of course she stopped when I got out the camera again. Her Flolan has been increased to 17ng, with her current goal of 20, she is almost there. We are still having trouble getting her to consistently eat, simply because the medicine makes her feel so rotten. I tried breastfeeding her again yesterday, and I don't think I have seen her so mad! So, the lactation nurse is supposed to come by tomorrow when we get back to help. Her oxygen is still at 1 liter, and she will likely still go home on it, when that time comes. We are discussing the possibility of her also going home with the NG in to help us give her meds and keep her weight up if she doesn't continue to eat well. Now I talk about "going home", but we still don't know when that will occur. It is all up to Elise. She gets cuter everyday, and you can see changes in her each week with her development. It is really something. I hope you all had a great weekend. I will post again on Wed.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Cute soccer ball pictures, but I have to admit I am a little disappointed it isn't a volleyball that Elise is loving. :)