Monday, July 14, 2008
Here we go again
Sorry for keeping this post short. We've had a rough night. Elise had another episode like the one at St. John's that sent her back to St. Louis last night. Around 1200am she stopped breathing, her heart rate dropped to 25, and she started having seizure-like activity. Luckily the nurse was with her at the time so she got immediate help. They had to preform CPR on her for about one minute, and was on the verge of intubating her when she started to move again. So, now she is back on 5 liters high flow oxygen and has an IV. They have run numerous tests including chest xray, labs, heart echo, brain EEG with all coming back normal so far. Her doctor is going to consult with another neonatologist that specializes in SIDS and other pulmonary diseases. The doctors reassure me that she does not have SIDS, but still wants this other doctor to consult on her case. The only other test that they are going to do this week will a sleep study which will look at several things while sleeping. This evening she looks good, but is exhausted from the last 20 hours of tests and not getting to eat. They have restarted her feedings, and have started the process of weaning her oxygen again. Jason is on his way back from Philli tonight with his classmate Jon, and will arrive tomorrow. I'm dealing with the disappointment of our going home dreams shattered once again.
I'll post again on Wed.
Kristin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so sorry to hear that the "going home" plans are postponed again. I also know that it's rough on you, especially being there alone. If it helps any, rest assured that we're thinking and praying of and for all 3 of you, especially you, Kristin, having to deal with this on your own; and you, Jason, not being able to be there for your girls... I wish I could be there to offer some support, just know that we are supporting you from afar...
Hugs and kisses to all...
Hang in there...
Love you,
Kathy, Mike,Sean & Traci
Dear,dear Kristen! Please know that you are being thought of and held up to God in prayer. Keep your faith through the disappoint. Those words are hard to write and I KNOW they will be hard to keep, but God is with you through it all.
Much love from my family to yours,
Karol Evans
I am so sorry to hear about last night. I can't even begin to imagine the heartache that this causes the two of you. I just thank God that Elise is strong-willed just like I know her mother is and keeps pushing through all of the tests and meds. Thinking about all of you and praying for you always.
Be looking for a box from us in the mail. We sent it to the R. McD's house. :)
Kristin,
I'm so sorry that yet another step back. It's so heart wrenching and painful. What a helpless feeling when things like this happen. Please hang in there - know that you all are loved. Take care - - Amy
Post a Comment