Sunday, June 8, 2008
6-8-08
Hello everyone,
Jason and I had a great weekend in St. Louis at the Dave Matthews concert. It was good to get away from the hospital, but our minds remained on little Elise. She is up to 9 pounds 8 ounces from 9lb, 6oz yesterday!! But she is still under the oxygen tent. And the nurses want her to sleep as much as possible, so we are back to minimal stimulation again. She is currently being stuck for another PICC line tonight, so her antibiotics can be given to help fight the infection she has developed in her right lung that the doctors think she acquired it from aspiration. She tolerated her 2 hour feeds all weekend, so they tried a 1.5 hour feed, but she vomited at the end of the feeding when I was there tonight. So, they will probably keep her on the 2 hour feedings for a little longer.
Since she is under the oxygen tent we aren't able to hold her or practice bottle feeding which is a bummer. I want to thank my mom who sat quietly at her bedside all weekend, babysitting her for me. It is really hard to sit next to such a cute baby, and be told not to talk to her or touch her so she can sleep. Thanks to my mom I was able to enjoy my weekend a little better knowing someone was there with Elise.
I promise we'll have pictures on the next posting on Tuesday. I hope you all had a good weekend. I love you all.
Kristin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so glad you both were able to spend some alone time together this weekend even thou im sure u didnt miss St. Louis! I was hoping to come see the little munchkin tomorrow again but with the min stim i will wait till i can hold her ;) but im still going to call u to have lunch again soon! miss ya and love u all. -Tess
Glad to hear that you both enjoyed your weekend in St. Louis.
Aren't Grandma's the best? They will do anything for their grandbabies.
Jason, Kristin & Baby Elise, We've been out of pocket for several days and so we've missed your messages. You are valient and heroes to all of us and we're glad you gave yourselves a little break. No doubt Grandma Jane and many others would be honored to sit w/Elise while her Mommy & Daddy 'refuel'. We continue to think of you daily -- and all the caregivers. Jane & Sam
Im glad you got to get away for some rest.
Post a Comment