Elise had quite the day today, riding a jet plane to St. Louis. She got to ride next to Busch Stadium on Hwy 40 right before the game started. We made sure they knew she was passing by with our siren. She settled into the NICU at St. Louis Children's quite smoothly. She is on the vent at a rate of 30 and 60% oxygen with a pressure of 23 over a PEEP of 6, in case you were wondering. She opened her eyes when I started talking to her and just awake as can be. She is on a Fentanyl drip at 2 mcg/kg/hour, so she is comfortable but still able to look around and move. They discontinued her cefepime, pending cultures of her tracheal aspirate. They repeated some viral screens to look for a cause for her recent difficulties. They have been suctioning a lot of thick secretions in her airway. They haven't started any feedings back on yet, but we're hoping to do so soon. Dr. Warner will be taking care of her for the rest of this month. I met her and she was very nice. I filled the nurse practitioner in on all the information I knew about Elise the last few weeks. We avoided inhaled nitric oxide and paralytics, so that is good news. Kristin and I feel very good about being here and will see what happens next. Love you all,
Jason
5 comments:
Kristin and Jason know you are thought of along with little Elise, she is a beautiful baby and I am praying for her constantly..Hope your back in Springfield soon..ALL OF YOU..Amy Frandsen
Comment section is now open for anonymous posters, but please leave your name. We are moderating the posts after an anonymous posting that was inappropriate. Jason
First of all - Jason - Happy Father's Day... I know it's not the best of circumstances, but you are a "Father", so you deserve a Happy Day... enjoy Elise as much as you can, she's a beauty & she's yours!
Now for all 3 of you - you are all in our thoughts and prayers. I know this isn't an easy thing you're going through, but I believe things will get better & you'll all be back in Springfield, then things will get even better & you'll all be at home - together!! In the meantime, we'll all think positive thoughts and expect the best for all!!!
We love you!
Kathy, Mike, Sean & Traci
Happy Father's Day, Jason! I hope all is going well today. We are sending positive thoughts your way and think of you all the time.
Love,
Christy, Shad & Connor
Jason and Kristin -
Sorry to hear that Elise needed care that was only available in St. Louis. I could see from previous posts how happy you all were to be back in Springfield. Please let me know if you need anything. Your family is in my thoughts.
Post a Comment