
We have had they most emotional last 24 hours. Getting home was so refreshing, but yet a big tease once we realized we had to return to St. Louis soon,
and wouldn't be back home for good for awhile. We were greeted by our four legged kids, but soon realized Peanut wasn't there to greet us with the others. We found her hiding under the back porch very ill. We took her straight to the vet where tests were started and we were told, "Hope for the best, but expect the worst." I have heard that too much this month already. Today after we had left to return to
STL, some of her test results came back with a diagnosis of lymphoma, which in dogs is not only very expensive to treat, but also not very successful. So sadly Peanut was sent to doggy heaven today at 3pm. The hardest part for me was that I wasn't able to be with my puppy of 11 1/2 years. But my Dad, and friends Dr. Powell and Reagan were there with her for me.
But our spirits were lifted once we returned to see our baby girl awake and ready for us to hold her. The doctor wanted me to try to breastfeed today, so with the help of the lactation nurse, we were quite successful! Elise stayed latched on and sucked for about 10-15 minutes! They went and found Dr
Downey who said, "this just makes my day." We are so excited, because it is a huge step towards her going home!
She also seems more awake since the decrease in her narcotics, and so far seems to be content baby when awake. Which we are curious to see if she stays that way.
Hope all of you have a good week and we will talk to you all again on Friday.
Love, Kristin, Jason, and Elise
5 comments:
Kristin,
I'm very sorry to hear about Peanut. I know that must have been very hard for you.
I'm glad to hear that lil' Elise is doing better. It's wonderful that you were able to get her to latch that long. That's pretty impressive.
Best of luck, prayers and thoughts are with you, Jason, and Elise.
I am so sorry about Peanut. What a hard loss to endure when you're away from home.
Way to go on the breastfeeding!! That is major progress!! Sounds like things are moving along smoothly so that you can all be back home soon.
Love,
Christy, Shad & Connor
I am sorry to hear about Peanut. I can't believe it has been over 11 years since you first rescued her. Finding your arms was truly meant to be for Peanut.
Congratulations on the progress with Elise. I am sure it was a great bonding experience for you.
Glad you could go home for a day.
Very sorry about Peanut.
Sounds like Elise is making positive strides, for sure!
Love and appreciation for you two continues. The Little Rpck prayers are unabated--tho now partially in thanksgiving.
Kristin,
I am so very saddened to hear about Peanut. I'm so glad that I got to meet her the one time that I did though. I can't imagine on top of everything else how hard that had to be for you. I am relieved to hear Elise is doing so well though. You guys will be home and one big happy family before you know it. Peanut will be looking down smiling at Elise. :) Love ya, Tess
Post a Comment