Sunday, December 19, 2010













Elise loves to wear her Mickey hat around the house.


And ride on the elephant rocker that Leslie and Joel gave her.

She decided to get all of her books down.
This is her helping me get ready for our trip.  She is wearing Jason's backpack.
Jason had a Christmas party for his work.  This is us in front of an upside down Christmas Tree.

Here she is checking out Santa from a distance. 




Watching Santa



She didn't like him being behind her.
We tried for a family photo, but Elise was too interested in the decorations.

This is Elise trying on one of Mable's coats.  Mable is our 5 lb dog.





We visited Bass Pro while we were in town.






















She got to see Santa again at Silver Dollar City.  She did really well.


Wow, what happened to me!  I think I know why there wasn't a post two weeks ago.  We left for Missouri on the Monday I was to post, and I told myself to post the day before on Sunday.  Well in the midst of packing and getting everything together I forgot.  So here we are almost a month later from the last post and so much has happened.  We had an uneventful Thanksgiving.  Jason worked all day, so Elise and I stayed inside and pretended it was cold out.  We watched the parade which she loved!  She kept yelling "MORE, MORE" at commercial breaks.  It was too cute.  She had a appointment with the feeding clinic on the first of December and they were really happy with her feedings.  We have an appointment with the surgeons at the end of this month.  It's just a meet and greet since they are the ones who will eventually take out Elise's button.  She has really come a long way with taking her medicines.  Like I've said before, she takes them 5 times a day.  So we started with the three in the middle of the day to get her used to taking them.  They are flavored the same as her drink so she likes the flavor.  It took her about two weeks before she was ok with just taking the meds without bribery or force.  We have watched a lot of Elmo and Mickey in the last two weeks as a reward for taking her meds.  I started having her take her morning med and bedtime med over the last week, and she is doing really well.  Yesterday was the first day we didn't give her anything through her mic-key button!  It was an amazing accomplishment for her and myself.  If she keeps this up we will have the mic-key button out in no time!.....................................We had a great trip home last week.  Jason ended up coming home with Elise and I and surprised his family.  We decided to have him come along when his Grandpa Jesse started failing health wise.  It was a really great opportunity for Jason to be with his Grandpa that week.  Sadly he passed away early Saturday December 11th, the day after Jason left............................................. But we still had a great week.  I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to, but still got some good visits in with some friends I hadn't seen in over a year!  And I stuffed myself with Springfield chinese food almost everyday, and made a quick trip to Silver Dollar City to see the lights and have a funnel cake.  The weather became unseasonably cold the last weekend Elise and I were there.  We were happy to get home.  But that didn't go as smoothly as we had planned.  Our flight was scheduled to leave Springfield at 3:35 Monday, but it became indefinitely delayed.  So Elise and I went back to my parents where she was able to take a nap, while I stayed glued to both the Springfield airports website and St. Pete's website.  Eventually our flight left Springfield at 11:50 p.m!!!!  There were several reports about what took so long for the flight to even leave St. Pete and come to us.  I guess we will never know.  Elise and I finally arrived in St. Pete at 2 a.m. Springfield time, which is 3 a.m. in st. Pete.  Jason was going to drive from Gainesville to pick us up when we were supposed to arrive at 7 p.m. from the original flight, but I sent him home when the initial reports came in about how late we might leave.  So instead I got a one way car rental, and drove the 2 hour trip home at 4 a.m.  We got in at 6 a.m. on Tuesday, and I didn't go to sleep until that night at 8:30 p.m.  What an ordeal!!!  It screwed up my whole week.  I couldn't figure out what day it was all week.  But we are back to our normal selves now, enjoying our 76 degree days at the park.  I hope you all enjoy all the pictures, there is a bunch.  I promise I'll post again in two weeks.  Love you all, and have a very Merry Christmas and the happiest New Year ever!  Love you all, Kristin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what wonderful blessings we have received this holiday seaon! We got to see all 3 of you (what a wonderful surprise it was when Jason walked in); Grandpa Jesse is now in heaven, and he had the great fortune of seeing and talking to Jason before he went to the airport, and he saw and acknowledged Kristin, Elise, Aunt Hilda & Aunt Joan, as well as Aunt Debbie & me; and the funeral was very nice, with full military honors; we have all of these wonderful pictures; and Elise is taking all of her meds and food by mouth now! What more can you ask for? Love you all, Grandma Marcie

Anonymous said...

Elise is so big I don't even know what to do! I could look at her pictures all day long. I am glad that Jason was able to make the trip back, as that is something I wish I could have had with other family members. It is a good memory to have. Hope you are keeping warm and toasty!
Love,
Leslie and Joel

Leslie said...

Miss you all already. Wish Florida and Texas were closer. Glad I had got the opportunity to see you and Elise while you were in Sprinfield. Hope you all have a great Christmas! Talk to you soon.