Monday, June 15, 2009
Home Sweet Home
This is going to be brief for now. I just got home from work and have a very early start to the day tomorrow. And I have a ton of videos I want to post, so I'll have a better post late tomorrow.
.
.
.
We were discharged home from the hospital Sunday afternoon. My Mom drove us home, since Jason still has one more week in STL for clinicals. Elise is now on a max dose of Viagra, and started a new medicine used in adults to treat hypertension, called Norvasc. The doctors are hoping that the combination of these two meds will be enough to keep her pressures low. We will have a recheck heart ultrasound July 2nd to see if her pressures are lower. If they are, then we will continue with the current meds. If not, then we will start another oral medicine call Bosentin. This medicine is specific to pulmonary hypertension, but can cause liver damage, so we are trying to avoid using it. And if all this fails in the next few months, she'll have to go back on Flolan. It is SO nice to be back home, but I have a tremendously busy week ahead with work and a 2 day re certification class at the hospital. Plus I'm trying to get houses lined up for us to see next week when we are in Florida!!! So check back Wed, and I'll have videos and pictures for you to see. Love you all, Kristin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We're SO glad you guys are home too! Fingers have been crossed; prayers have been spoken..... and still are. Just know you're not in this alone - we're all supporting you guys, even from afar!
Love ya - all 3 of you!!!
Kathy, Mike, Sean & Traci
Glad to hear that you are back home. Home, Sweet, Home! You have always been amazing at juggling a busy schedule. It may be a rough week for you, but I know you'll manage to make it work. Good luck house hunting!
Post a Comment