Saturday, January 10, 2009
Elise seems back to her normal self, except not as talkative. We are on our 3rd roommate for the week, and each one keeps getting louder and louder. The parents are considerate which is good, but the baby's are pretty sick and cries A LOT. I only got 2-3 hours of intermittent sleep last night. And the floor is full, so there isn't any other room to move to. Luckily, Jason came up last night which gave me a much needed break today to go take a long nap and shower at the Ronald McDonald house. The doctors have decided to take Elise to surgery Monday afternoon and do her broviac and G-tube placement at the same time if her blood cultures are all still negative and her labs look ok. They all agree to wait on her heart cath until late Feb due to her pneumonia. They want to get accurate pulmonary (lung) pressures, which could be altered by the pneumonia. The nurses here on the cardiac floor are great. This will be the floor we come to from now on when Elise gets sick. Which we are realizing is going to happen frequently in her future. The doctors and nurses have explained to us how babies with central lines are hospitalized for line infections multiple times a year. And the fact that Elise made it 4 months without one is unusual. This is very disheartening to me and I know Jason too. We feel like we have so much going against us with Elise and we can't cut a break. I know I promised pictures today, and Jason did bring the camera, but forgot the USB cable that connects it to the laptop, so I'll continue to take pictures and have a montage when she comes home. I'll post again Monday night after she's back in her room and stable after surgery. Love you all, Kristin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hang in there girlfriend. You guys have a lot of people sending you positive thoughts. Please speak up if you need anything.
Much love to all of you!
Shannon
Post a Comment