Monday, September 8, 2008

19 weeks old

Grandma Jane and Great Aunt Eva with Elise Saturday. Elise got to try out her crib at Grandma's house for a minute. She approved of the crib which is the crib my mom and all her siblings were raised in. My Dad and Mom brought it up from Chaffee Mo, and refurbished it so Elise could use it at there house. We went out on the back deck Saturday with the cooler weather. It wasn't quite cold enough for the sweatshirt she is wearing, but is was fun trying it on her.
Sunday Grandma and Elise spent a little time on the front porch. Elise absolutely loves wearing her sunglasses! It's a hoot. Today Elise was visited by her Great Aunt Sara and Great Uncle Jerry. Uncle Jerry is my Dad's brother. She loved Aunt Sara! It seems like this weekend flew by with all the visitors. I can't believe tomorrow is already Tuesday! Elise got to go on a couple more walks this weekend, and had lots of visitors. Including my friend Tessa from work and her husband. We increased her Flolan yesterday which made her not feel very well, but today she was better. Her home health nurse came by today for her weekly weigh in which was 13lbs 6oz with a length of 23.5 inches. Which is up from her discharge weight. Her oxygen is still at 0.5 liters, and she is still getting all her other medicines by mouth. She is still sleeping really well through the night, and wakes up smiling every morning. She is just the cutest thing. Tomorrow night she and I are going to attend our very first pulmonary hypertension (PH) group meeting. The PH association (PHA) is a national support group for patients and caregivers of PH. There are local groups in all major cities including St. Louis, K.C., and Spfd. The Spfd group is an adult group, but they welcome pediatric patients and parents. The only pediatric PH group is in Los Angeles, and I had talked with them via email. The national PHA meets every year, and we might try to go next year if it is feasible. I'll post again on Wed, so have a great week until then.
Kristin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the sunglasses, laugh everytime I see her wearing them - it never gets old. Glad to see she is doing well at home!

Jenny said...

I love to see that everyone has been getting to enjoy having all of you home. Glad to see that Elise is making positive adjustments. I do love those sunglasses pictures. Too cute!